Sally is one of the most trusted, respected and well-researched parrot educators on the planet. Sally has lived with companion parrots for over 40 years and has studied everything possible about them.
Sally has written and illustrated 25 parrot publications including the Beak Book and the Companion Parrot Handbook, which is the most highly respected source of parrot information on the market today. She also has written several publications on Parrot Species and her 14 Parrots Made E-Z Series on important information parrot caregiver should know. Sally also created a Companion Parrot Magazine from 1991 to 2015 - originally called The Pet Bird Report, the name was changed to Companion Parrot Quarterly in 2001. In 2009, the magazine went on-line and was called the Companion Parrot On-line Magazine. She also has published 49 issues of a free Companion Parrot Newsletter. Her new website will reflect her knowledge and that of other respected parrot and bird authors.
Sally has been invited to speak at every significant companion parrot convention/conference in the United States and has also spoken in Canada and Great Britain.
Sally wrote many articles for the original Bird Talk, Birds USA and several other magazines from 1989 to 2012 ... including 4 different columns in Bird Talk; Parrot Psychology, Medium Parrots Birds, Nature versus Nurture, and Parrot Stories. I write for the BIRD Talk Annual. Sally also writes for the Ask the Experts column in Parrots Magazine and contributes articles on parrot behavior and care plus parrot species profiles.
Sally published a 80 issues of a highly respected parrot magazine from 1991 to 2015. First The Pet Bird Report, then The Companion Parrot Quarterly, and then the Companion Parrot Magazine.
You can book Sally for a consultation about your parrot through one of her many active services.
Sally Related Fun Facts:
- Sally has had birds as pets from childhood
- Sally has had and studied parrots since 1976.
- Sally has been an avid bird watcher for almost 60 years. Observed wild parrots in Costa Rica.
- Sally studied anthropology, biology, psychology, and sociology in college. Sally has a B.A. and a Teaching Credential from California State University at Los Angeles.
- Sally sculped her Rare Hardwood Inlay Bird Sculputures for over 20 years. She now does Parrot Portriats and Tongue-in-Beak Clayworks of parrots, wild birds, dogs, cats and wild animals.
- Sally Studied Ornithology at Central Missouri State University
- Completed the Cornell University Laboratory of Ornithology Course in Ornithology.
- Sally taught a monthly Companion Parrot Educational Class at the San Francisco SPCA for 5 years . She also taught classes at several San Franciscon Bay humane societies and parrot behavior classes at the University of California Veterinary School at
- Sally has been featured as a parrot expert on several television and radio shows and in books and other publications.
- Sally successfully tamed hundreds of wild-caught parrots of many species.
- Sally has performed hundreds of successful in-home, hands on consultations with parrot caregivers as well as hundreds of successful telephone consultations.
- Sally has been invited to speak at every companion parrot convention in the U.S. and Canada. Also spoken at 2 parrot parrot conferences in England.
- Sally ran 4 highly successful Companion Parrot Conventions.
- Sally wrote many articles for Bird Talk, Birds USA and other magazines from 1989 to 2012 ... including 4 different columns in Bird Talk; Parrot Psychology, Medium Birds, Nature versus Nurture, and Parrot Stories. I write for the BIRD Talk Annual. Sally also writes for the Ask the Experts column in Parrots Magazine and contributes articles on parrot behavior and care plus parrot species profiles.
- Sally has published a parrot magazine from 1991 to 2015. First The Pet Bird Report, then The Companion Parrot Quarterly, and then the Companion Parrot Magazine.
- Sally is an innovator of many now-common theories of working with companion parrots and their behaviors.
- Sally possesses an unquenchable thirst for information about all aspects of parrots and wild birds and has studied them extensively for close to sixty years.